I realized out of the blue this morning that it’s been an entire year since I nervously hit publish on that first Bekah Outside the Box blog post. A whole year and 59 posts later, here I am still blogging, still putting my secret self out there into the Universe. Who would have thought that this day would come? (Not me!)
And oh boy, a whole lot has happened over the past year!
- I started and finished yoga teacher training, despite the pervasive stories in my head telling me that I could never become a yoga teacher.
- I lost a significant amount of weight by learning how to better care for myself and becoming more comfortable in my own skin.
- I visited a friend’s ranch in the middle of nowhere Nevada that has amazing hot springs, but no running water or electricity. I went on a five-day sailing trip. I attended a yoga retreat. I sang karaoke. I attended a three-day self-awareness workshop. I danced. And I did numerous other things that scared me, only to find out that they weren’t actually so scary after all.
- I tapped into my spiritual side.
- I questioned my longtime view of who I am and practiced putting more of my authentic self out there.
- I struggled, felt like a fraud, was oh so impatient, and felt all sorts of other feelings, some pleasant and others not so enjoyable. When I was able to remember, I practiced finding gratitude for the little things, which helped ease the pain around the tougher parts of the past year.
- I practiced rewriting old stories and reveled in being wrong about my own limitations.
- I turned my entire world upside down (literally and in every other sense as well).
- I quoted Katy Perry.
- And I kept showing up for more — more scary stuff, more honesty, more self-inquiry — over and over, again and again.
So here’s to another year of truth
seeking finding, relationship building, and living in the moment … I cannot even imagine what the next year of blogging will bring and I cannot wait to find out.